Data and signal lines routed outside buildings, whether underground or overhead, are susceptible to lightning induced transient and downtime.
Lightning, by it very nature, radiates a high energy electromagnetic field. Communication cables, data and telemetry lines act as ‘aerials’ capturing this energy. Its path to earth may well be through the sensitive inputs of electronic equipment.
Install Furse SPDs to meet protection requirements at service entrance and local to equipment (to BS EN 62305) on all incoming / outgoing data & telecoms lines.
The Furse Surge Protection devices:
- Twisted pair networks and 4-20 mA loops
- 3-wire and RTD systems
- Telephone, ISDN and Ethernet lines
- LSA-PLUS disconnection modules on
- PBX exchanges
- CCTV systems, Satellite and TV cables
- RF antennas
- Network Rail SSI datalinksing power, data, signal & telecoms