Lightning, anything up to a kilometre away, can cause devastating transient overvoltages capable of damaging telecoms equipment and with it all business communications.
We rely on telephone equipment for all forms of business communication – telephone conversations, using the internet. Many telecom systems utilise copper cabling for incoming telephone lines and lines travelling between buildings. These external telephone lines act like ‘aerials’, capturing lightning energy and channelling it into the sensitive electronic circuitry.
Install Furse SPDs to meet protection requirements at service entrance and local to equipment (to BS EN 62305) on all incoming / outgoing data & telecoms lines.
The Furse Surge Protection devices:
- Twisted pair networks and 4-20 mA loops
- 3-wire and RTD systems
- Telephone, ISDN and Ethernet lines
- LSA-PLUS disconnection modules on
- PBX exchanges
- CCTV systems, Satellite and TV cables
- RF antennas
- Network Rail SSI mains power and data link, data, signal & telecoms